Working toward my scrapping goal

15 October 2008

Gift for my family's annual gift exchange

I took the youngest into The Dollar Tree to purchase a few more goodies to put in the reward container (incentive for her to learn to wake up at night to potty), and I was trying to think of some ideas for what I could do this year for our family's Santa Day gift exchange. And I actually was inspired!

Wandering up the dishes/storage containers aisle, I saw plastic tortilla containers, intended to help keep the tortillas warm (and they containers are microwavable, which is a plus). In addition, they had a 2-pack of plastic black salsa dishes next to those. I grabbed one of each and happily made my way to the register, trying not to lose our 4-year old in the process. (She might've been unhappy with me if I had.)

The idea, and how it pertains to scrapbooking? Well, I'm going to add my recent purchases to a basket, and a gift card to Safeway (for purchase of ingredients needed for a Mexican dinner), and then... the scrapping part! I'm going to make a 6x6 album filled with salsa recipes. I thought about doing an assortment of Mexican dishes, but... the salsa dishes really inspired me, and since several members of my family love salsa, I thought they might find it fun to experiment. :)

Anyway, there it is. I just had to share. (And this way, it's written down PERMANENTLY--or as close to it as I can get--and then I absolutely cannot (but I might anyway) neglect to implement this idea. See... 'cause now that I've said it here, someone might be expecting me to actually post photos of it, and I really cannot (but I might anyway) let them down. Perfect logic.

4 comments:

Christy said...

What a great idea. I always love ideas that allow you to spend a little less and give them something they can use but dress it up to be so beautiful! Can't wait to see it done.

Moira said...

love the idea..... and have a great salsa recipe if you want it..

Mamawheelie said...

I'd love a salsa recipe! (Especially one that's vouched for! lol)

Mamawheelie said...

*sigh* Sadly enough, we've sort of decided to do a name draw this year. But... I think I'm still going to do this particular gift for someone else in the family--maybe my MIL and FIL, I don't know. But I really, REALLY want to do it. :D