Working toward my scrapping goal

18 November 2008

My Daily Five

While looking at Jen Lancaster's blog, well, the title of it, "Your List of Five", it reminded me of something I had intended to do starting at the beginning of this year (obviously I'm quite late beginning that). What is that, you ask? To endeavor to make a list of five positive things every day (or at the very least every week). These could be positive things about that day, my life, my family, that make me happy... whatever floated my boat, so long as I made five. The point was to help me focus more on the positive as opposed to the negative happenings, the latter of which seems to be so easy to do sometimes. Y'know what I mean?

And so... that leads me to my post today. I think beginning with today I'm going to start a 30-day list. When I'm done, I'll be able to scrap a "Positives" page. Sure, I'm not starting on the first day of a month, but I can still do 30 days, right? (And for some reason, this reminds me that I really, really need to post the winner of the subscriptions to Memory Makers in my Yahoo Groups. Yikes!!)

Anyway. My five things today are:
1. My niece, Kiely, was a very smiley baby today.
2. I was able to keep my temper when my oldest, Cat, got snotty with me in regards to doing her homework).
3. Several semi-neglected chores were done, a countertop was cleared and cleaned, and I completely emptied out a plastic tub thereby making my bedroom a little tidier. (Yay for de-cluttering!)
4. I did not let my pain rule my day, despite my desire to do.
5. My Secret Santa gifts (for one group) are all wrapped and ready to go.
**BONUS** My husband Joel was home for a little bit today, and even though he was supposed to be there just to look for his work badge, it was excellent being able to see him. *warm fuzzies!*

So... what are your five? What five positives happened in your life, or made you smile, today?

1 comments:

Christy said...

Well I will share :)

My five things I am grateful for today:

1. I am grateful for a husband that I can call while he's at work and no matter how busy he is you can always here in his voice that he was happy I was the person on the other end :) **crap now I'm going to cry and I'm only to NUMBER 1!!!!!!

2. I am grateful for 2 kids who pick up after themselves with very little prodding.

3. I am grateful for my fully stocked cabinets in light of such a crappy economy.

4. I am grateful that gas just hit $1.45...woot!

5. I am grateful that I finished my Christmas cards!!